Flowchart of the process of reviewing and assigning the articles of JEAR Journal
The purpose of the Journal of Engineering and Applied Research is to publish the results of researches, articles, scientific and applied experiences of professors and researchers of universities and outside the university in the approved JEAR topic themes, which are published in English language.
1. There is no charge for reviewing, judging and publishing articles in JEAR Journal, and all steps are done for free in this publication.
2. The article review period is a maximum of three months.
3. The articles can be sent through the website (https://jear.tvu.ac.ir/) of the journal (the link is available on the website of the Technical and Vocational University), and all review and follow-up process will be possible through the website.
4. The corresponding author must first register as an "author" on the JEAR website (account section) and after completing the form related to personal information, upload the article in the "submit article" section. It should be noted that before uploading the relevant files, the author should have organized the article based on the JEAR article editing guide.
5. Submissions must not have been previously published in any publication or simultaneously submitted or indexed in another journal.
6. After sending the articles to the experts, they are checked for originality by a plagiarism checker (Ithenticate) application and based on the reported similarity percentage, the articles are assigned the initial task (initial acceptance of articles with similarity reports above 35% will not be accepted).
7. Each article will be evaluated by at least two experts/reviewers in the subject matter of the article and after obtaining two agreeing opinions and approval of the editorial board, it will be published.
- Reviewing articles in the JEAR Journal is via double blind peer review (the identity of the author of the article and the reviewer is unknown to both parties).
- The reviewers are obliged to review the article within the specified time and according to the policies and instructions of the journal.
8. Articles should be prepared in Microsoft Word software 2010-2013 or higher in ministerial format and the total number of pages should not be over twenty before reviewing.
9. The file of each article must be uploaded in electronic versions of Word and PDF in addition to the Publication Agreement Form and the Conflict-of-Interest Form of the authors, which is placed in a separate file in the main menu at the top of the journal website.
10. For a fair and scientific review of the article, it is necessary for the corresponding author to upload a copy of the article (preferably a word version) without stating personal details in the system. Furthermore, in another file, the personal details of the author (s) (including academic rank, level of education, contact number, name of the organization / place of work, email, etc.) should be stated.